“I honestly believe this is a public health concern, particularly for those at risk for heart-related conditions” – Ellen Schutt
Check out my handy step-by-step guide to listening and subscribing!
Ellen Schutt is the Communications Director with GOED, the Global Organization for EPA and DHA Omega-3s. GOED is an omega-3 trade association that works to educate about the importance of marine omega-3s. Most Americans (95%) do not get enough omega-3s and may not even be aware they aren’t getting enough. Omega-3s are important for many different reasons: heart health, brain health, eye health, and prenatal and maternal health. In this episode we discuss the health benefits and the various options to increase omega-3 intake.
Here are the resources we mentioned on the show:
- GOED’s Always Omega 3s website, facebook and twitter
- Learn Omega-3 facts
- See the latest Omega-3 science
- How much EPA or DHA omega-3s do YOU need? Take a brief quiz!
- FAQs on omega 3s
- Ellen’s favorite salmon recipe
- Healthy Aging podcast episode with Dr. Michael Roizen
- Melissa’s Sound Science Toolkit
- Melissa’s Do M.O.R.E. with Dinner blog posts and podcast episodes
- “What to EAT” notepad that Melissa uses every week
Produced by Team Podcast
Music by Dave Birk