Here’s how we’re doing M.O.R.E. with Dinner
Apr 28, 2016
If you’ve been following my #domorewithdinner initiative you know what it’s all about. If not – read (and listen) all about it here!
Here’s how we DID more with dinner the past couple of weeks:
- The weather is finally warming up so we ate dinner on our deck a couple of times and even grilled out once! My absolutely FAVE way to #domorewithdinner!
- We had Thanksgiving in April! We dug deep into the deep freezer and found smoked turkey and stuffing leftover from ThanXmas (our family tradition of celebrating Thanksgiving on Thursday and Christmas on Friday with extended family).
- We had a lot of family birthdays in early April so we celebrated in a restaurant with extended family.
- I had a couple of biz trips so I tried to make healthier choices when dining out. (Here’s my chicken and roasted corn salad with dressing and buffalo sauce on the side at the TXAADE16 conference in Austin – and I even got to sit outside in lovely 80 degree weather!)
- We relied on a very simple, no-fuss meal that is one of our standby meals: roasted pork (we cooked ours in the oven but you could also use a slow cooker), Uncle Bens Rice packets and our favorite cooked carrots with a bit of butter and brown sugar.
- Daddy/son dinner – I had a biz meeting one night and Sarah was working so the boys were on their own. They enjoyed some leftovers and cleaned up the kitchen, too!
For this week, we have a few nights out to dinner because of biz meetings and attending theatre/ballet. We are also trying something new: MEEZ Meals! It’s a meal delivery service that I received a coupon for because I’m a member of the Chicago Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. They deliver all the fresh ingredients in the exact amounts and all prepared (chopped, etc.) for you to assemble and cook your own meal(s). I’m really looking forward to trying it and I’ll report back to you, too!
How did YOU do more with dinner this week? What are you going to try next week? Let me know! Post a comment below or tag your social media post with #domorewithdinner !
Until next time – enjoy your food with health in mind!
WELCOME TO MY BLOG
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m the Guilt-Free RD® – “Because food shouldn’t make you feel bad!™”. So, on my Food for Thought blog I’m exploring the secret ingredients needed to enjoy your food with health in mind. I’m also a “Dietitian Enthusiast” so I’m showcasing interviews with dietitians. My “How To” Series shares practical advice to help boost communication skills and gain more visibility, influence and success.
I hope you enjoy the show!
Sign up for my monthly newsletter and episode eblasts so you never miss an update!
Melissa’s Media Reel
Search This Website
Copy and paste the following code in the sidebar area of your site:
Have questions about food?
Ask The Experts!