Podcast Episode 007: Protein Challenge – Interview #2 with Protein Partner Heather Shugarman – Snacking & Travel
May 5, 2015
Today’s guest is my Protein Partner, Heather Shugarman and we are tackling SNACKS and EATING ON THE GO!
Heather Shugarman is the blogger behind ThenHeatherSaid.com, where she shares a genuine look into her journey to ‘make one healthy decision, then make another’ – along the way she has lost over 60 pounds while discovering a love for mid-distance running and urging others to make their own healthy decisions, one at a time.
Heather is also the director of HealthyLivingBlogs.com, a community driven website of over 2,500 members who are bloggers themselves, tackling a wide range of topics under the healthy living umbrella. HLB celebrates the fact that a healthy life can mean different things to different people and believes in the power of collaboration between bloggers and fellow internet-aholics.
Heather and I are both are on the Beef Expert Bureau (as paid consultants) and are excited about participating in and promoting the 30 Day Protein Challenge. This podcast is not directly sponsored, but our protein partner activities fall under our Beef Expert Bureau roles.
When we first met in person, we did some brainstorming about fun ways for us to engage in this challenge and share it with our audiences and that’s when we came up with the idea to be “protein partners”. I was training for my first triathlon and Heather was training for a half marathon. We connected immediately and our personalities clicked! Hint: we are both uber-positive people and like to support others and champion good causes.
In this podcast episode we share what we’ve learned so far on the protein challenge with a focus on snacking and traveling (or eating on the go).
Here are the resources we share in this episode:
- The Sound Bites podcast interview with protein researcher Doug Paddon-Jones.
- Meal Planning Goodness
- DIY Breakfast sandwiches
- Make the Healthy Choice the Easy Choice – Meal Planning and Food Prep Resources
Shout outs to 2 other meal planning all star Healthy Living Bloggers (LOTS MORE available on each of their sites):
- All things “wick wick” or #wycwyc – What You Can When You Can: Healthy Living on YOUR Terms. The website, the podcast on iTunes, the book
- Pinterest mentions and Recipe Reviews:
- Heather’s Protein Power Pinterest board
- Melissa’s Protein Power Pinterest board
- Melissa’s “Recipes I’ve Tried & Loved OR Modified” Pinterest board
- Kelly’s blog where she reviews other bloggers’ recipes and helps me make smart choices about what to try:
- Stepping Outside the Ground Beef Comfort Zone Series on ThenHeatherSaid.com
- 20 Easy Beef Recipes Outside the Ground Beef Comfort Zone
- Kitchen Challenge – Use a New to You Lean Beef Cut (Intro to Roasts)
- Kitchen Challenge – Use a New to You Lean Beef Cut (Intro to Steaks)
- Kitchen Challenge Accepted – Oven Slow-Roasted Rosemary Thyme Rubbed Sirloin Tip Roast with Freggie Medley
- On the Go Protein Snacks from the Beef Council
- Tips for Dining Out from the Beef Council
- You can sign up for the 30 Day Protein Challenge any time and join us on this journey! Sign up HERE!
- Here are some pics of Melissa’s travel snacks:
Until next time – follow our posts on social media by following #proteinchallenge and #proteinpartners.
Welcome to my podcast where we delve into the science, psychology and strategies behind good food and nutrition.
Listen to the trailer
Sign up for my monthly newsletter and episode eblasts so you never miss an update!