Today’s topic is about what it really takes to lose weight and keep it off.
Today my guest is Lauren Harris-Pincus is the owner of Nutrition Starring YOU.com, she’s a nutrition communications specialist and also has a private practice where she specialized in weight loss. In addition to being a registered dietitian nutritionist, Lauren grew up as an obese child from about the age of 4 years old through high school. Contrary to what you might think, Lauren did not grow up eating “junk” and her family members were all “normal” weight. Listen to her story, her insight and her wisdom when it comes to losing weight and keeping it off!
Here are the resources we discussed on today’s show:
- Lauren’s website/blog Nutrition Starring YOU
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs DPG www.nedpg.org
- Book: Better Than Before: Mastering the Habits of Our Everyday Lives by Gretchen Rubin
- Melissa’s 30 Day Protein Challenge blog post
- Sound Bites Podcast interview with researcher Doug Paddon-Jones
BONUS! We didn’t talk about this recipe, but Lauren wanted to share it with you!