Podcast Episode 015: The Life of a Farmer AND a Dietitian: Interview with Jennie Schmidt
Aug 4, 2015
Today’s episode focuses on the unique perspective of a farmer who is also a dietitian. Certainly something you don’t hear every day!
Today my guest is Jennie Schmidt. It’s not every day that you meet a farmer, and even less often that you meet a farmer who is also a dietitian! From her unique perspective and this intersection of two distinct areas of knowledge and skill, Jennie has experience in both the nutritional value of food and in food production itself.
Here are the resources we mentioned on the show:
- Jennie’s blog: The Foodie Farmer
- Jennie on Facebook and Twitter
- Book: Tomorrow’s Table: Organic Farming, Genetics and the Future of Food
- No Kid Hungry – Share Our Strength
- Food & Nutrition Magazine’s Stone Soup Blog
- Common Ground
- Joe Rogan’s podcast on GMOs with guest Kevin Folta (It’s a video!!)