Podcast Episode 023: No Nonsense Nutrition – Jamila Rene
Nov 23, 2015
Today’s episode focuses on a ‘no nonsense’ approach to healthy living!
Jamila Rene is a Registered Dietitian and founder of No Nonsense Nutritionist. She is a food product developer and also a personal trainer in training. she has a no nonsense approach to healthy living: “nutrition and wellness is not black and white, good or bad. It’s all about finding what’s right for YOU.”
Jamila’s story begins as an overweight child and continues through severe eating disorder treatment as a teen. As she continued her journey toward health she became a dietitian, food scientist and fitness enthusiast. Her goal is to empower others to take control of their own lives and get to where they want to be in life to be healthier and happier.
Here are the resources we mentioned on the show:
- Jamila’s Healthy Habit Challenge
- Jamila’s story (VIDEO)
- Jamila’s blog post on protein
- Sound Bites podcast interview with Lauren Harris-Pincus (What It Really Takes to Lose Weight and Keep It Off)
- Sound Bites podcast interview with Kait Fortunato REBEL Dietitian
- Pumpkin Pie Hack blog with Jamila’s recipe
- Jamila on: Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook
- Some of Jamila’s fave podcasts: The Mentee, Build Your Tribe, Fizzle, EntreLeadership, Precision Nutrition, Wellness Force Radio
Welcome to my podcast where we delve into the science, psychology and strategies behind good food and nutrition.
Listen to the trailer
Sign up for my monthly newsletter and episode eblasts so you never miss an update!