Podcast Episode 028: The Art & Science of Cooking – Jamila Rene
Feb 2, 2016
Today’s episode is about how to have your cake and eat it, too! In other words….modifying recipes for less sugar and fat, and more protein.
Jamila Rene is a Registered Dietitian and founder of No Nonsense Nutritionist. She is a food product developer and also a personal trainer in training. She has a “no nonsense” approach to healthy living: “nutrition and wellness is not black and white, good or bad. It’s all about finding what’s right for YOU.” With a degree in Food Science, Jamila is an expert at “experimenting” in the kitchen and loves to “play” with food to create recipes that are better for you.
Here are the resources we mentioned on the show:
- Jamila’s article Cooking: Art or Science?
- Jamila’s three fave recipes: Pumpkin Carrot Cake Protein Bars, [Peanut Flour] PB2 Protein Bars, The Best Cookie Butter Recipe Ever (+ It’s Secretly Healthy!)
- Jamila’s blog post on protein
- Sound Bites podcast interview with Jamila – her story
- Protein Challenge info
- Sound Bites podcasts on the Protein Challenge: The Power of Protein, Protein Partners #1, Protein Partners #2, Protein Partners #3
- Jamila on: Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook
- Some of Jamila’s fave podcasts: The Mentee, Build Your Tribe, Fizzle, EntreLeadership, Precision Nutrition, Wellness Force Radio
Disclosure: This podcast was not sponsored, however I am a consultant to the Calorie Control Council and work with the sucralose (Splenda) and Stevia workgroups.
Welcome to my podcast where we delve into the science, psychology and strategies behind good food and nutrition.
Listen to the trailer
Sign up for my monthly newsletter and episode eblasts so you never miss an update!