Today’s episode is about what’s trending in food and nutrition for 2016.
[easy-tweet tweet=”2016 #FoodTrends lean more towards #CleanEating rather than #CavemanDiets.” via=”no”]
Sharon Palmer, RDN, is a registered dietitian, food and nutrition blogger, writer, editor and author, and plant-based nutrition expert. As a registered dietitian with 16 years of health care experience, she channels her nutrition experience into writing features covering health, wellness, nutrition, and cuisine. She is a passionate writer about food and environmental issues, and has published a number of features on plant-based diets, hunger, agriculture, local and organic foods, eco-friendly culinary practices, sustainability, food safety, and food security. She is the author of two books: The Plant-Powered Diet – The Lifelong Eating Plan for Achieving Optimal Health Beginning Today and Plant-Powered for Life – Eat Your Way to Lasting Health with 52 Simple Steps & 125 Delicious Recipes. Sharon is also the editor of the health newsletter, Environmental Nutrition and nutrition editor for Today’s Dietitian magazine.
Here are the resources we mentioned on the show:
- Today’s Dietitian website
- More info about the trends survey and Pollock Communications
- Sharon’s website and blog
- Sharon’s books and recipes
- Sound Bites podcast interview with Sharon: Plant Powered for Life
- Sound Bites blog interview with NPD’s Harry Balzer
- Sound Bites podcasts on the Protein Challenge: The Power of Protein, Protein Partners #1, Protein Partners #2, Protein Partners #3, and Protein Challenge info from the Beef Council
- Nutrition Blog Network – directory of dietitian blogs
- Janet Helm’s Nutrition Unplugged blog (trends info)
- Sharon on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
Dietitians: Sharon and I are both presenters at the upcoming Today’s Dietitian Spring Symposium in Orlando, Florida in May. For more information about the conference click here.