Podcast Episode 030: Today’s Dietitian Shares Top Trends for 2016 – Sharon Palmer
Feb 23, 2016
Today’s episode is about what’s trending in food and nutrition for 2016.
[easy-tweet tweet=”2016 #FoodTrends lean more towards #CleanEating rather than #CavemanDiets.” via=”no”]
Sharon Palmer, RDN, is a registered dietitian, food and nutrition blogger, writer, editor and author, and plant-based nutrition expert. As a registered dietitian with 16 years of health care experience, she channels her nutrition experience into writing features covering health, wellness, nutrition, and cuisine. She is a passionate writer about food and environmental issues, and has published a number of features on plant-based diets, hunger, agriculture, local and organic foods, eco-friendly culinary practices, sustainability, food safety, and food security. She is the author of two books: The Plant-Powered Diet – The Lifelong Eating Plan for Achieving Optimal Health Beginning Today and Plant-Powered for Life – Eat Your Way to Lasting Health with 52 Simple Steps & 125 Delicious Recipes. Sharon is also the editor of the health newsletter, Environmental Nutrition and nutrition editor for Today’s Dietitian magazine.
Here are the resources we mentioned on the show:
- Today’s Dietitian website
- More info about the trends survey and Pollock Communications
- Sharon’s website and blog
- Sharon’s books and recipes
- Sound Bites podcast interview with Sharon: Plant Powered for Life
- Sound Bites blog interview with NPD’s Harry Balzer
- Sound Bites podcasts on the Protein Challenge: The Power of Protein, Protein Partners #1, Protein Partners #2, Protein Partners #3, and Protein Challenge info from the Beef Council
- Nutrition Blog Network – directory of dietitian blogs
- Janet Helm’s Nutrition Unplugged blog (trends info)
- Sharon on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest
Dietitians: Sharon and I are both presenters at the upcoming Today’s Dietitian Spring Symposium in Orlando, Florida in May. For more information about the conference click here.
Welcome to my podcast where we delve into the science, psychology and strategies behind good food and nutrition.
Listen to the trailer
Sign up for my monthly newsletter and episode eblasts so you never miss an update!