Today’s episode is about finding common ground in nutrition and connecting what we know with what we do.
[easy-tweet tweet=”Let’s treat health more like we treat wealth: invest and pay it forward via @drdavidkatz ” hashtags=”health, wealth”]
Dr. David Katz is a well-recognized and regarded thought leader in nutrition, chronic disease prevention, weight management and integrative medicine. He is the founding director of Yale University’s Prevention Research Center and a clinical instructor at the Yale School of Medicine. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the journal Childhood Obesity, President of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine, and medical director for the Integrative Medicine Center at Griffin Hospital in Derby, CT.
In 2015, Dr. Katz established the True Health Initiative to help convert what we know about “lifestyle as medicine” into what we do about it.
Here are the resources we mentioned on the show:
- Dr. Katz website
- The Katz household greatest recipe hits
- Do M.O.R.E. with Dinner
- Dietitians and the Food Industry: An Important Seat at the Table
- Find a Dietitian through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- What if Exercise Were More Like Healthy Eating?
- The Randomized Trial Fantasy: How We Know What We Know
- Today’s Dietitian Spring Symposium
- True Health Initiative