Podcast Episode 041: Protein Powered Breakfasts – Lauren Harris-Pincus
Jul 5, 2016
Today’s episode is about my progress with the 30 Day Protein Challenge and solutions for getting more protein at breakfast.
Check out my handy step-by-step guide to listening and subscribing!
[easy-tweet tweet=” Need more #protein at breakfast? @LaurenPincusRD shares yummy tips + recipes! #podcast” user=”MelissaJoyRD ” usehashtags=”no” template=”light”]
Lauren Harris-Pincus is a registered dietitian nutritionist and the owner of Nutrition Starring YOU. She’s a nutrition communications specialist and also has a private practice where she specializes in weight loss. Lauren grew up as an overweight child and draws on that experience, in addition to her degree in nutrition and years of counseling clients on weight management strategies, in her daily work as a nutrition communicator and educator. She develops recipes that not only taste great, but are calorie-controlled and pack a lot of nutritional power, and has a particular talent for creating breakfast recipes that are protein-rich because she knows that helps control hunger and support weight management efforts.
In this episode, Lauren helps Melissa with her 30 Day Protein Challenge with a focus on breakfast solutions. They also discuss various aspects of weight management including exercise, getting on the scale and having a healthy mindset.
Melissa’s Breakfast Pictures:
Here are the resources we mentioned on the show:
- Lauren’s website and blog
- Lauren’s breakfast recipes
- Lauren’s story – her Sound Bites Podcast interview “What it Really Takes to Lose Weight and Keep It Off”
- Episode 039: Protein & Exercise: Partners in Successful Aging – Stuart Phillips
- Lauren on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
- More pictures of Melissa’s meals on Instagram
- Melissa’s Protein Challenge blog posts and podcast episodes
- Melissa’s triathlon blog
- The Official 30 Day Protein Challenge site and resources
- More info on Core Power beverages
- More info on thinkThin High Protein Smoothie Mixes
Disclosure: Melissa has a partnership with the National Cattleman’s Beef Association who is hosting the 30 Day Protein Challenge. Melissa has also been a consultant to Core Power/Fairlife Milk.
Welcome to my podcast where we delve into the science, psychology and strategies behind good food and nutrition.
Listen to the trailer
Sign up for my monthly newsletter and episode eblasts so you never miss an update!