“True confession: Despite the fact that I’m a registered dietitian, a food blogger and love to cook, my family of 3 isn’t always stellar about eating meals together… even “experts” aren’t perfect so you don’t have to beat yourself up if you think you’re failing in the family meal department. That’s why I love to share tips and tricks that might help YOUR family!”
– Deanna Segrave-Daly
Check out my handy step-by-step guide to listening and subscribing!
[easy-tweet tweet=”9 Healthy Kitchen Hacks + MORE from @tspbasil #podcast ” user=”MelissaJoyRD ” template=”light”]
Deanna Segrave-Daly is a Philadelphia-based, food-loving dietitian who co-owns Teaspoon Communications, a food–focused nutrition communications group that consults with a variety of health and food organizations. She blogs at Teaspoon of Spice, with her business partner, Serena Ball, sharing healthy recipes, delicious photography, kitchen hacks and even mishaps in the kitchen. Their motto is “two dietitians who love food as much as you do.”
She is the co-owner of The Recipe ReDux, a healthy food blogger community that inspires monthly recipe challenges as well as the co-founder of Blog Brûlée, an exclusive, intimate weekend workshop for registered dietitians and healthy living bloggers to enhance their online presence. She is also a Features Editor at Healthy Aperture, contributing monthly recipes and posts to the Sweet Splurges column.
Her 9-year old daughter and tricky eater husband keep her inspired to create appealing, good-for-you family cuisine.
Here are the resources we mentioned on the show:
- Deanna’s 9 Healthy Kitchen Hacks guest blog post for Sound Bites
- Teaspoon of Spice website and blog
- Deanna on Twitter, facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube – be sure to check out Deanna and Serena on Facebook live streaming videos!
- Melissa’s Do M.O.R.E. with Dinner Initiative and blogs/podcasts and Pinterest board
- Sound Bites blog interview with Deanna
- Sound Bites podcast interview with Jill Castle
- Sound Bites podcast interview with Lynn Barendsen of the Family Dinner Project
- Sally Kuzemchak’s Parents.com article Got Dessert-Obsessed Kids? This Solution Sounds Crazy – But it Works!
- Uncle Ben’s “Ben’s Beginners” contest
- Teaspoon Communications services and clients
- Fairlife Milk
- Sloppy Joe Tacos Recipe
- Super Healthy Kids site
- Lindsay Livingston’s Lean Green Bean Meal Prep info
- The Recipe Redux and Blog Brulee and Healthy Aperture
Produced by Team Podcast
Music by Dave Birk