In this episode, Sarah and I discuss the many ways we’ve done “MORE” with dinner since our last episode in June! We also reflect on the past year and how we want to #domorewithdinner in 2017.
Check out my handy step-by-step guide to listening and subscribing!
[easy-tweet tweet=”Stories and tips on how YOU can #domorewithdinner! #podcast” user=”MelissaJoyRD” template=”light”]
Sarah and I have continued doing “MORE” with dinner over the past several months and we finally sit down to review everything and share our successes (and failures) with you. As always, life can get in the way of dinnertime plans, but we are happy to report that we are still doing our weekly meal planning, have tried a few new recipes, had some fun in the kitchen, and even more fun around the dinner table. We hope you enjoy hearing about our learnings and will share back with us how YOU are doing “MORE” with dinner!
Here are the resources we mentioned on the show (scroll down to see all the images, too):
- Do M.O.R.E. with Dinner Initiative and blogs/podcasts and Pinterest board
- One-Pot Fiesta Chicken recipe and blog post
- Barilla Pasta Builder PDF
- 30 Day Food Waste Challenge
- Family Storytime Question Cards from Cooksmarts.com
- Deanna’s Healthy Kitchen Hacks guest blog post and podcast interview including the easy homemade pizza crust recipe
- We got our kitchen organization tips from Jill Weisenberger’s book The Overworked Person’s Guide to Better Nutrition
Frozen hambone rescued for Ham and Split Pea Soup
Michael Pullin’s Butternut Squash Soup
Foil Chicken and Broccoli
Farmer’s market donation pickup for our food pantry
Shopped our pantry to make a simple meal with leftover meat from the freezer
Recipe binder before and after
Kitchen drawers before and after
Produced by Team Podcast
Music by Dave Birk