“Dinner is a great place to share a meal and so much more…I’m all about family and setting an example when I set the table. I teach people how to eat to make themselves feel good – emotionally and physically – and I truly believe that if you raise your kids to enjoy food because of the way it tastes and the way it makes them feel, you’re teaching them a lesson for life that’s more important than most of the subjects they learn in school.” – Bonnie Taub-Dix
Check out my handy step-by-step guide to listening and subscribing!
[easy-tweet tweet=”“Set an example when you set the table” stories/tips via @eatsmartbd #podcast #domorewithdinner @MelissaJoyRD ” via=”no” usehashtags=”no” template=”light”]
Bonnie Taub-Dix is the author of Read It Before You Eat It, a media consultant to global companies and a freelance journalist for US News & World Report, TODAY, Everyday Health, and several other sites. Bonnie makes sense of science and proves that nutritious and delicious can coexist on the same plate at every meal and snack. She believes that food is fun, festive, and for promoting wellness. It’s not about deprivation, punishment or excess. The key is trying to find the balance YOU need for your particular body and lifestyle.
Here are the resources we mentioned on the show:
- Bonnie’s website
- Sign up for Bonnie’s newsletter
- Bonnie’s Book Read It Before You Eat It
- Bonnie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest
- Melissa’s Do M.O.R.E. with Dinner Initiative and blogs/podcasts and Pinterest board
- Download my simple shopping list here and edit the info to meet your needs (i.e. add your favorite foods and frequent purchases, change the order to match your grocery store layout, etc.)
Produced by Team Podcast
Music by Dave Birk