Podcast Episode 058: What’s Trending in Nutrition – Jenna A. Bell
Feb 8, 2017
Survey Says: Many consumers are choosing “clean” and “mindful” eating as their path to healthier living instead of “dieting”. More than 1700 Registered Dietitians weighed in on the fifth annual “What’s Trending in Nutrition” survey by Pollock Communications and Today’s Dietitian.
Check out my handy step-by-step guide to listening and subscribing!
[easy-tweet tweet=”What’s Trending in Nutrition? Hear it straight from @jennabellphdrd @TodaysDietitian” user=”MelissaJoyRD” hashtags=”podcast” url=”http://wp.me/p7HD9a-2ls”]
Pollock Communications and leading nutrition trade magazine, Today’s Dietitian, released the results of their fifth annual “What’s Trending in Nutrition“ national food trend survey, which polled over 1,700 registered dietitians (RDs) across the country on the upcoming year’s big trends in food and eating. This year overall, results reveal a decline in consumers’ interest in dieting. Instead, many are choosing clean and mindful eating as their path to healthier living. For the last five years, the “What’s Trending in Nutrition” survey has been a leader in identifying and tracking the next significant trends in food for the upcoming year including what foods are topping the coveted Top 10 Superfoods list.
Dr. Jenna A. Bell is a Senior Vice President, Director of Food and Wellness for Pollock Communications where she helps healthy brands translate science for consumers and connect with the nutrition experts. Jenna is the co-author of Energy to Burn: The Ultimate Food & Nutrition Guide to Fuel your Active Lifestyle and Launching Your Dietetics Career. She is an international presenter at professional conferences, has been published in scientific journals, and has been featured in countless print publications and on the web including Us Weekly, Self Magazine, Fitness Magazine, Men’s Health, and Runner’s World, and has appeared on the Daily Buzz, ABC, NBC and FOX affiliates, local and national radio programs and podcasts.
Jenna is a two-time Ironman Finisher and has completed three marathons. In addition, she has competed in numerous sprint and Olympic distance triathlons and road races. She is co-founder of Swim, Bike, Run, Eat! and has provided nutrition seminars with professional athletes at major athletic events like the Boston Marathon, the ING New York City Marathon, Bank of American Chicago Marathon and the Ford Ironman World Championship in Kona, HI.
Here are the resources we mentioned on the show:
- National Survey Taps Over 1,700 Dietitians to Predict Top 2017 Food Trends news release
- 2017 Food Trends Survey Findings Explained In-Depth: FREE Live Webinar on Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 2:00 pm EST. Click here to register.
- Pollock Communications website and Facebook page
- Today’s Dietitian Magazine website
- REGISTER for Today’s Dietitian Spring Symposium in New Orleans May 21-24, 2017
- Podcast episode Today’s Dietitian Shares Top Trends for 2016 with Sharon Palmer
- Melissa’s 3-part blog post on running to triathlon to ballet
- Podcast episode A Fair & Balanced Take on GMOs with Greg Jaffe
- Podcast episode Protein Powered Breakfasts with Lauren Harris-Pincus
- Blog interview with NPD’s Harry Balzer “Food is Fashion!” Putting Your Best Fork Forward
- Podcast episode A Historian’s Take on Food and Food Politics with Rachel Laudan
- Podcast episode Family Mealtime Matters with Jill Castle
- Melissa’s Do M.O.R.E. with Dinner initiative and blogs/podcasts and Pinterest board
- Melissa’s video: Healthy & Affordable Food Tips
- Hello Fresh and Meez Meals meal delivery services
Produced by Team Podcast
Music by Dave Birk
WELCOME TO MY BLOG
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m the Guilt-Free RD® – “Because food shouldn’t make you feel bad!™”. So, on my Food for Thought blog I’m exploring the secret ingredients needed to enjoy your food with health in mind. I’m also a “Dietitian Enthusiast” so I’m showcasing interviews with dietitians. My “How To” Series shares practical advice to help boost communication skills and gain more visibility, influence and success.
I hope you enjoy the show!
Sign up for my monthly newsletter and episode eblasts so you never miss an update!
Melissa’s Media Reel
Search This Website
Copy and paste the following code in the sidebar area of your site:
Have questions about food?
Ask The Experts!