Podcast Episode 064: A Hopeful Story: Early Action is Key in Diabetes – Hope Warshaw
May 2, 2017
“Healthy eating today is one tough job! The good news is simple tweaks in food choices and eating habits often set you on a healthier path.” – Hope Warshaw
Check out my handy step-by-step guide to listening and subscribing!
Hope Warshaw is a nationally recognized dietitian and diabetes educator with years of experience and expertise as an author, freelance writer, media spokesperson and consultant. She is a contributing editor for Diabetic Living Magazine, writes the Nutrition Q&A column in The Washington Post and in 2017 is the Immediate Past President of the American Association of Diabetes Educators.
Hope offers practical and realistic solutions for healthier eating – to individuals in counseling sessions and to millions through her best-selling books, magazine articles, social media and TV or radio interviews.
Hope is a go-to expert on weight control tips, diabetes management and meal planning, healthier restaurant eating, low calorie sweeteners and general nutrition guidance. She has appeared on Good Morning America, CNN, TV Food Network, ABC Live, The Diane Rhem Show and many local TV and radio shows.
Hope has been quoted in USA Today, US News, HEALTH, Shape, Diabetes Forecast, Eat This Not That, Los Angeles Times, The Washington Post, Today’s Dietitian, Men’s Fitness, and more.
Here are the resources we mentioned on the show:
- Hope’s website and books
- Diabetes Meal Planning Made Easy – 5th edition
- Hope on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Do I Have Prediabetes website and risk test
- National Diabetes Prevention Program
- American Association of Diabetes Educators
- Joint Position Paper: Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support in Type 2 Diabetes
- Hope’s co-authored editorial in AJMC: Making Early, Consistent Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support the Norm, Not the Exception
- Today’s Dietitian Magazine interview: Diabetes Care and Education – The RDs Role in 2017
- #DSMA on twitter – Twitter chat every Wednesday evening at 9 pm ET.
- Find a Diabetes Educator
- Find a Dietitian
- Melissa’s Do M.O.R.E. with Diabetes podcast episodes
- Melissa’s Do M.O.R.E. with Dinner podcasts and blog posts
- Sound Bites Podcast interview Treat Health More Like Wealth – Dr. David Katz
- Sound Bites Podcast interview Happiness, Habits & Health – Gretchen Rubin
Produced by Team Podcast
Music by Dave Birk
WELCOME TO MY BLOG
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m the Guilt-Free RD® – “Because food shouldn’t make you feel bad!™”. So, on my Food for Thought blog I’m exploring the secret ingredients needed to enjoy your food with health in mind. I’m also a “Dietitian Enthusiast” so I’m showcasing interviews with dietitians. My “How To” Series shares practical advice to help boost communication skills and gain more visibility, influence and success.
I hope you enjoy the show!
Sign up for my monthly newsletter and episode eblasts so you never miss an update!
Melissa’s Media Reel
Search This Website
Copy and paste the following code in the sidebar area of your site:
Have questions about food?
Ask The Experts!