Podcast Episode 065: The Gluten-Free Guru – Shelley Case
May 18, 2017
“At the age of 42 I wrote my first book on the gluten-free diet but did not know at the time I had celiac disease. I wasn’t diagnosed until age 52. The change in my health has been so dramatic since I have gone gluten-free.” – Shelley Case
Check out my handy step-by-step guide to listening and subscribing!
Registered dietitian Shelley Case is an international gluten-free nutrition expert, speaker, consultant and author of the national best-seller Gluten Free: The Definitive Resource Guide.
Ironically, at age 42 she wrote her first book on the gluten-free diet to help clients and registered dietitians but did not know at the time she had celiac disease. She did not get diagnosed until ten years later at the age of 52. Shelley’s new 5th edition book is now available and it’s jam-packed with practical information about the gluten-free diet. Whether you are a consumer, health professional, chef, food manufacturer or anyone else who needs accurate information about this complex diet…Gluten Free: The Definitive Resource Guide is the book for you!
Here are the resources we mentioned on the show:
Check out Shelley’s segment on the Today Show:
- Shelley’s website
- Shelley’s book: Gluten Free: The Definitive Resource Guide
- The Table of Contents for Shelley’s book
- Continuing Education Packages on Celiac Disease, Gluten Sensitivity & Gluten-Free Diet:
- Shelley on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Shelley’s book on Facebook
- A review of Shelley’s book by dietitian Karen Buch
- Nutrition Entrepreneurs DPG website
- Melissa’s Do M.O.R.E. with Diabetes podcast episodes
- Melissa’s Do M.O.R.E. with Dinner podcasts and blog posts
Produced by Team Podcast
Music by Dave Birk
Welcome to my podcast where we delve into the science, psychology and strategies behind good food and nutrition.
Listen to the trailer
How To Subscribe Or Review My Podcast
Click for the instructions: