Podcast Episode 068: Peanut Allergy Prevention – Sherry Coleman Collins
Jun 22, 2017
“Recent scientific research has shown that peanut allergy can be prevented by introducing peanut-containing foods into the diet early in life..” – National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
Check out my handy step-by-step guide to listening and subscribing!
Sherry Coleman Collins, MS, RDN, LD is a registered dietitian nutritionist and consultant for the National Peanut Board in Atlanta, GA. She is an expert in food allergies and has experience in clinical pediatrics and school nutrition. She has been the brains and personality behind the Twitter handle @PeanutRD since 2012, boasting the reasons to enjoy peanuts and peanut butter, from their outstanding nutritional benefits to their delicious taste and culinary versatility—with indulgences along the way. Sherry is also a sought-after food allergy expert and a former nutrition supervisor for a major metro Atlanta school district. Plus, she’s a busy mom of an active young boy.
Here are the resources we mentioned on the show:
- Peanut Allergy Facts website
- National Peanut Board website
- More about Sherry and Sherry on Twitter
- 5 stress-free ideas to introduce peanuts to infants (including video and infographic
- 2017 Addendum Guidelines for the Prevention of Peanut Allergy in the U.S.
- New England Journal of Medicine article about the LEAP study
- Melissa’s Do M.O.R.E. with Dinner blog posts and podcast episodes
Produced by Team Podcast
Music by Dave Birk
Welcome to my podcast where we delve into the science, psychology and strategies behind good food and nutrition.
Listen to the trailer
How To Subscribe Or Review My Podcast
Click for the instructions: