Podcast Episode 071: Healthy Aging – Dr. Michael Roizen
Aug 8, 2017
“It’s never too late to turn back the clock on your health! Simple lifestyle changes can help reverse damage, regardless of past health mistakes, to help you live, feel and look years younger.” – Dr. Michael Roizen
Check out my handy step-by-step guide to listening and subscribing!
Michael Roizen, MD, Chief Wellness Officer and Chair, Wellness Institute of the Cleveland Clinic, is a Past Chair of a Food and Drug Administration advisory committee and a former editor for six medical journals. He has published more than 165 peer-reviewed scientific papers, 100 textbook chapters, 30 editorials, and four medical books. He is one of the cofounders of the website RealAge.com, and still chairs its Scientific Advisory Board. Dr. Roizen is also the co-author of the New York Times bestselling YOU: Owner’s Manual series of books, author of This is Your Do-Over: The 7 Secrets to Losing Weight, Living Longer and Getting a Second Chance at the Life You Want, and co-author of AGE-PROOF: Living Longer Without Running Out of Money or Breaking a Hip.
Here are the resources we mentioned on the show:
- More about Dr. Michael Roizen
- Dr. Roizen’s Real Age Test
- Dr. Roizen’s books
- Dr. Roizen’s podcast: You, The Owner’s Manual
- California Walnuts & Healthy Aging
- Greater Adherence to the Alternative Healthy Eating Index is Associated with Lower Incidence of Physical Function Impairment in the Nurses’ Health Study
- Easy and healthy Walnut Recipes
- California Walnuts on twitter, facebook, Instagram
- Cooking the RealAge Way
- The MIND Diet
- Sound Bites episode on the DASH Diet with Rosanne Rust
- Melissa’s Do M.O.R.E. with Dinner blog posts and podcast episodes
- “What to EAT” notepad that Melissa uses every week
Produced by Team Podcast
Music by Dave Birk
Welcome to my podcast where we delve into the science, psychology and strategies behind good food and nutrition.
Listen to the trailer
Sign up for my monthly newsletter and episode eblasts so you never miss an update!