Podcast Episode 072: Food Cults – Robyn Flipse
Aug 22, 2017
“I’m passionate about empowering people to make the best food choices they can in their everyday lives, without fear, guilt, or doubt. Eating isn’t a contest we’re all in to see who does it the best. It’s a personal journey where you get to show up for practice every single day, ready or not”.– Robyn Flipse
Check out my handy step-by-step guide to listening and subscribing!
Robyn has been a registered dietitian nutritionist for over 40 years and has worked in a variety of settings, including heading the nutritional care department in a hospital, running a busy private practice, teaching nutrition courses at several colleges and developing specifications for dietetic foods for a specialty food company. For the past 15 years she has operated her own Nutrition Communications business where she draws on her credentials as a cultural anthropologist to interpret changing eating patterns and food trends for food companies and how they may impact dietary policy.
Here are the resources we mentioned on the show:
- Robyn’s blog and website
- Robyn on twitter
- Article by Hilda Bruch – The Allure of Food Cults and Nutrition Quackery
- Robyn’s bibliography
- Sound Bites podcast episode with Brian Wansink: Mindless Eating – Willpower vs. Environment
- Sound Bites podcast episode with Jill Castle: Family Mealtime Matters
- Sound Bites podcast with June Jo Lee: Food Ethnography
- Sound Bites podcast with Rachel Laudan: Food Historian
- Book: Denialism by Michael Specter
- Book: Thinking Fast & Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Melissa’s Do M.O.R.E. with Dinner blog posts and podcast episodes
- “What to EAT” notepad that Melissa uses every week
Produced by Team Podcast
Music by Dave Birk
WELCOME TO MY BLOG
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m the Guilt-Free RD® – “Because food shouldn’t make you feel bad!™”;. So, on my Food for Thought blog I’m exploring the secret ingredients needed to enjoy your food with health in mind. I’m also a “Dietitian Enthusiast” so I’m showcasing interviews with dietitians. My “How To” Series shares practical advice to help boost communication skills and gain more visibility, influence and success.
I hope you enjoy the show!
Melissa’s Media Reel
Search This Website
Copy and paste the following code in the sidebar area of your site:
Have questions about food?
Ask The Experts!