Podcast Episode 134: Cooking for Men – Manuel Villacorta
Dec 4, 2019
The Essential Cookbook for Men: 85 Healthy Recipes to Get Started in the Kitchen
The Essential Cookbook for Men is the book for guys who want to eat healthier (and cheaper!) but aren’t sure how to get started.
This is more than a cookbook – it walks you through all the kitchen basics―stocking your pantry, creating shopping lists, reading recipes―and takes you from gourmet greenhorn to seasoned chef. From Latinx-Style Fried Eggs to Stir-Fry Beef Sandwiches, you’ll discover tons of perfect-for-beginner recipes that show you really can cook up some seriously delicious food that will also help keep you fit and trim.
This book goes beyond other cookbooks for men with these features:
- Culinary crash course―It doesn’t matter if you’ve never set foot in a kitchen before―you’ll discover all the information you could want out of cookbooks for men.
- Easy recipes―Get complete and comprehensive instructions that all great cookbooks for men should have.
- Great tasting and good for you―Learn how to cook 85 dishes that are big on flavor and health benefits.
Nutrition is not only about nourishing your body, but also building a connection with food to nourish your mind and soul.”
Manuel Villacorta, MS, RD
Manuel Villacorta is an internationally recognized, award-winning registered dietitian nutritionist with more than 18 years of experience. He is the author of five books with his latest release: The Essential Cookbook for Men – 85 Healthy Recipes to Get Started in the Kitchen. Manuel is a well-respected and trusted voice in the health and wellness industry and one of the leading weight loss and nutrition experts in the country. Born and raised in Peru and currently living in San Francisco, Manuel earned his Bachelor of Science in nutrition and physiology metabolism from the University of California, Berkeley and his Master of Science in nutrition and food science from California State University, San Jose. He has been the recipient of numerous prestigious awards for his research and contributions to the field of nutrition and dietetics.
Health is not a diet plan, but a lifestyle. Understand your body, your strengths and your limits, and use this knowledge to make a change. Stop dieting, start living.”
Book Giveaway Details!
The Essential Cookbook for Men is available for preorders here!
And we are giving away one FREE copy of The Essential Cookbook for Men! You can ENTER TO WIN by sharing the podcast episode on Twitter and/or Instagram, writing a comment on the shownotes/blog (below) or submitting a review of the show on Apple Podcasts (formerly iTunes) by 12/16/19 at 11:59 pm central time. Each action you do counts as a separate entry. Leaving a review on Apple Podcasts counts as a DOUBLE ENTRY. Tag @MelissaJoyRD when you post on social and email Melissa at Melissa@SoundBitesRD.com to confirm your entry or entries. Winners will be randomly selected (US only please).
Melissa’s Do M.O.R.E. with Dinner Resource Kit
Related Episodes and Blog Posts:
Peruvian Superfoods Reboot – Sound Bites Podcast episode #32 with Manuel
Eating Free: A Labor of Love – Sound Bites blog interview with Manuel
Have a Plant – The Roots of Healthy Eating – Sound Bites Podcast episode #123 with Wendy Reinhardt Kapsak
The Untold History of MSG & Umami – Sound Bites Podcast episode #111 with Sarah Lohman
MSG & Umami: Heritage, Health & Headaches? – Sound Bites Podcast episode #112 with Mary Lee Chin
The Art & Science of MSG & Umami – Sound Bites Podcast episode #113 with Chef Chris Koetke & Dr. Tia Rains
Partnership with AADE
Sound Bites is partnering with the American Association of Diabetes Educators! Stay tuned for updates on the podcast, blog and newsletter!
- Take a stand in diabetes care and get involved in state and national advocacy efforts with AADE’s upgraded Legislative Action Center. Discover what bills impact your area, take action on key issues and find contact information for your elected officials. For more on AADE’s advocacy efforts, visit DiabetesEducator.org/Advocacy.
- Share your research with thousands of other diabetes care and education specialists! There’s still time to submit an abstract for a research session or education and research poster at the 2020 AADE Annual Conference in Atlanta, GA from Friday, August 14 – Monday, August 17. Learn more at AADEmeeting.org.
Music by Dave Birk
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, Google Play, Spotify or RSS.
- Check out my handy step-by-step guide to listening and subscribing!
- Leave me a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!