Podcast Episode 146: The Future of Food: Post-Pandemic – Jack Bobo
Apr 8, 2020
How the current global environment can impact our food system in the long-term
If you lead people to knowledge, it’s better than beating people up with science.”
The global health pandemic is making a big difference in our food system, and how consumers think about food. This shift in how we view food safety, value, and sustainability efforts will impact the future food landscape for years to come.
Tune in to this episode to learn about:
- Why the current food system can decrease consumer confidence in food buying.
- How COVID-19 can impact consumer buying habits for the long-term.
- How it can change the way we value food.
- The potential shift in food waste and nutritional perception.
- The difference between local & global sustainability.
Covid-19 will have a profound impact on consumers that will influence how they shop for years, if not decades, to come.”
Jack Bobo is the CEO of Futurity and describes himself as a food evangelist. He is a former senior adviser for global food policy at the U.S. Department of State. Jack is a regular speaker on global trends in agriculture, consumer perceptions of risk, science communication and the art of networking.
The Future of Food: Science, Policy & Values – Sound Bites Podcast episode #132 with Jack Bobo
The Surprising Truth About Sustainable Agriculture – Sound Bites Podcast episode #043 with Jack Bobo
Earn Free CEUs
LISTEN, LEARN AND EARN
Partnership with ADCES
Sound Bites is partnering with the Association of Diabetes Care and Education Specialists (formerly the American Association of Diabetes Educators)! Stay tuned for updates on the podcast, blog and newsletter!
Music by Dave Birk
Produced by JAG in Detroit Podcasts
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, Google Play, Spotify or RSS.
- Check out my handy step-by-step guide to listening and subscribing!
- Leave me a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!