“Healthy and wholesome can also be delicious! I embrace this philosophy and incorporate science-based principles to deliver up-to-date information and advice.” – Toby Amidor
Check out my handy step-by-step guide to listening and subscribing!
[easy-tweet tweet=”The Science of Nutrition + the Art of Good Food #podcast convo with @TobyAmidor + @MelissaJoyRD” via=”no” usehashtags=”no”]
Toby is the founder of Toby Amidor Nutrition, where she provides nutrition and food safety consulting services for individuals, restaurants and food brands. She is also the author of The Greek Yogurt Kitchen: More Than 130 Delicious, Healthy Recipes for Every Meal of the Day.
Toby is a nutrition expert for FoodNetwork.com and has been writing for their Healthy Eats Blog since it began about 9 years ago. She is also a regular contributor to U.S. News and World Report Eat + Run blog, Shape.com, MensFitness.com and is an adjunct professor at Teachers College, Columbia University.
She also has her own “Ask the Expert” column in Today’s Dietitian Magazine.
Toby trained as a clinical dietitian at New York University. Previously, Toby was a consultant on Bobby Deen’s cooking show, “Not My Mama’s Meals.” Through ongoing consulting and faculty positions, she has established herself as one of the top experts in culinary nutrition, food safety, and media.
Enter to Win Toby’s book! (be sure to scroll down for the episode resources)
One randomly selected commenter will win a copy of Toby’s book The Greek Yogurt Kitchen – More than 130 Delicious, Healthy Recipes for Every Meal of the Day.
Giveaway ends: Wednesday, August 31st, 2016 at 11:59 pm ET
Mandatory Entry: Tell me in the comments area below “What’s your favorite way to enjoy Greek yogurt?”
Additional Entries: For additional entries do any or all of the below and come back and create a new comment to tell me. Use a separate new comment for each or it will only count as one entry.
• Follow me on Twitter
• Like me on Facebook
• Follow Toby Amidor on Twitter
• Like Toby Amidor on Facebook
• Copy and paste this tweet, then come back and comment with the link to your tweet. (allowed only once per day)
Enter to win @tobyamidor book The Greek Yogurt Kitchen via @MelissaJoyRD https://www.soundbitesrd.com/toby-amidor/ #podcast #giveaway
When entering, be sure to include your email address in the “Email” field when posting your comment so I can contact you if you win. You do not need to purchase anything to win. Only open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states, D.C. or Puerto Rico, and you must be at least 18 years of age to enter.
Here are the resources we mentioned in the show:
- Toby’s book: The Greek Yogurt Kitchen
- Toby’s website and blog
- Toby on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest (and also RD group Pinterest) and Instagram
- Toby’s blog post about the book gift for her sister-in-law
- Melissa and Sarah’s Do MORE with Dinner initiative
- Melissa’s article about dietitians working with the food industry
- Sign up for Melissa’s free Sound Science Toolkit
- Toby’s Food Network Healthy Eats Blog interview with a NASA dietitian
- Toby’s US News & World Report Eat + Run blog
- Toby’s Ask the Expert Column in Today’s Dietitian
- Find a Dietitian through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Sound Bites blog interview with Toby
- Meal Makeover Moms Smoothie Bowl Coloring Book
- Lactose Intolerance information from the National Dairy Council
- Farming videos from the National Dairy Council