“I believe you can control your diabetes instead of letting it control you. I live with diabetes every day and want to show others how you can thrive with diabetes….in spite of diabetes.” – Toby Smithson
Check out my handy step-by-step guide to listening and subscribing!
Toby Smithson is a registered dietitian nutritionist and certified diabetes educator. She has a master’s of science degree in nutrition and wellness with an emphasis in entrepreneurship. In addition to her professional credentials, Toby has successfully managed her own type 1 diabetes for over 4 decades.
Toby has been a media spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics for nine years, is the founder of DiabetesEveryDay.com and author of Diabetes meal Planning and Nutrition for Dummies.
Toby kicks off the new Do M.O.R.E. with Diabetes series on the podcast, so look for more interviews with diabetes experts as well as people who live with diabetes every day.
Here are the resources we mentioned on the show:
- Toby’s website DiabetesEveryDay.com
- Toby on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Toby’s book Diabetes Meal Planning & Nutrition for Dummies
- American Association of Diabetes Educators’ AADE7 Self-Care Behaviors
- Melissa’s Do M.O.R.E. with Dinner initiative and blogs/podcasts and Pinterest board
Produced by Team Podcast
Music by Dave Birk