Podcast Episode 078: The Return of SciBabe – Yvette d’Entremont
Nov 7, 2017
“I think the biggest value I provide is helping people find that fine line between good science and bad science. I enjoy being able to read through scientific studies, then make them sound like English – not like a foreign language, telling people clearly why bad science is inaccurate, and furthermore cutting through the occasional bit of bad science reporting…. with a side of dirty jokes.” – SciBabe aka Yvette d’Entremont
This podcast is categorized as “explicit”.
Check out my handy step-by-step guide to listening and subscribing!
Yvette d’Entremont (AKA SciBabe) is a scientist, writer, and public speaker. She worked as an analytical chemist for years before running SciBabe full time. This platform allows her to fight myths and pseudoscience using a combination of science and humor. Yvette holds a B.S. in chemistry, a B.A. in theatre, and a Master’s degree in forensic science with a concentration in biological criminalistics.
Yvette is partnering with SPLENDA® to develop humorous, evidence-based content that “debunks junk science” about sucralose.
Here are the resources we mentioned on the show:
- Today’s Dietitian webinar Read Between the Headlines
- Today’s Dietitian on twitter, facebook
- SciBabe website and blog about #DebunktheJunk
- SciBabe on twitter, facebook, Instagram
- Splenda website and blog about #DebunktheJunk
- Splenda on twitter, facebook, Instagram
- Melissa’s Sound Science Toolkit
- Podcast episode #8 with Yvette: SciBabe Speaks
- Podcast episode #18 with Keri Gans: Diets Don’t Work!
- Melissa’s Do M.O.R.E. with Dinner blog posts and podcast episodes
- “What to EAT” notepad that Melissa uses every week
Produced by Team Podcast
Music by Dave Birk
WELCOME TO MY BLOG
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m the Guilt-Free RD® – “Because food shouldn’t make you feel bad!™”. So, on my Food for Thought blog I’m exploring the secret ingredients needed to enjoy your food with health in mind. I’m also a “Dietitian Enthusiast” so I’m showcasing interviews with dietitians. My “How To” Series shares practical advice to help boost communication skills and gain more visibility, influence and success.
I hope you enjoy the show!
Sign up for my monthly newsletter and episode eblasts so you never miss an update!
Melissa’s Media Reel
Search This Website
Copy and paste the following code in the sidebar area of your site:
Have questions about food?
Ask The Experts!