Podcast Episode 078: The Return of SciBabe – Yvette d’Entremont
Nov 7, 2017
“I think the biggest value I provide is helping people find that fine line between good science and bad science. I enjoy being able to read through scientific studies, then make them sound like English – not like a foreign language, telling people clearly why bad science is inaccurate, and furthermore cutting through the occasional bit of bad science reporting…. with a side of dirty jokes.” – SciBabe aka Yvette d’Entremont
This podcast is categorized as “explicit”.
Check out my handy step-by-step guide to listening and subscribing!
Yvette d’Entremont (AKA SciBabe) is a scientist, writer, and public speaker. She worked as an analytical chemist for years before running SciBabe full time. This platform allows her to fight myths and pseudoscience using a combination of science and humor. Yvette holds a B.S. in chemistry, a B.A. in theatre, and a Master’s degree in forensic science with a concentration in biological criminalistics.
Yvette is partnering with SPLENDA® to develop humorous, evidence-based content that “debunks junk science” about sucralose.
Here are the resources we mentioned on the show:
- Today’s Dietitian webinar Read Between the Headlines
- Today’s Dietitian on twitter, facebook
- SciBabe website and blog about #DebunktheJunk
- SciBabe on twitter, facebook, Instagram
- Splenda website and blog about #DebunktheJunk
- Splenda on twitter, facebook, Instagram
- Melissa’s Sound Science Toolkit
- Podcast episode #8 with Yvette: SciBabe Speaks
- Podcast episode #18 with Keri Gans: Diets Don’t Work!
- Melissa’s Do M.O.R.E. with Dinner blog posts and podcast episodes
- “What to EAT” notepad that Melissa uses every week
Produced by Team Podcast
Music by Dave Birk
WELCOME TO MY BLOG
Thank you for stopping by!
I’m the Guilt-Free RD® – “Because food shouldn’t make you feel bad!™”;. So, on my Food for Thought blog I’m exploring the secret ingredients needed to enjoy your food with health in mind. I’m also a “Dietitian Enthusiast” so I’m showcasing interviews with dietitians. My “How To” Series shares practical advice to help boost communication skills and gain more visibility, influence and success.
I hope you enjoy the show!
Melissa’s Media Reel
Search This Website
Copy and paste the following code in the sidebar area of your site:
Have questions about food?
Ask The Experts!