Podcast Episode 132: The Future of Food: Science, Policy & Values – Jack Bobo
Nov 6, 2019
The Future of Food
Consumers have never cared more, nor known less, about how their food is produced.”
Futurity stands at the intersection of food, technology and design – harnessing science, policy, values and communication in support of businesses that are enhancing the healthfulness and sustainability of the global food system. Futurity leverages insights in food technology, consumer attitudes and consumer trends to deliver meaningful results for clients so that they can create the future of food.
If you want to get ahead of the trends that everybody else is talking about you need to look below the surface to understand the forces that are influencing the trends.”
Jack Bobo, Food Futurist
Jack Bobo is the CEO of Futurity, a food foresight company that helps clients understand trends in food technology and consumer attitudes. Jack is a food futurist and keynote speaker who engages audiences in an exploration of the future of food, consumer psychology and food policy. Scientific American named Jack one of the 100 most influential people in biotechnology.
TEDx Talk “Why We Fear the Food We Eat”
Related Episodes and Blog Posts:
The Surprising Truth About Sustainable Agriculture – Sound Bites Podcast episode #43 with Jack Bobo
Partnership with AADE
Sound Bites is partnering with the American Association of Diabetes Educators! Stay tuned for updates on the podcast, blog and newsletter!
- AADE announces the Donna Tomky Award for Excellence in Clinical Practice in honor of late AADE president. This award recognizes a nurse practitioner who continues to advance the integration of self-management behaviors with clinical management through practice, health plan or health system innovation. The recipient will receive up to $1,000 in travel and complimentary registration to the AADE annual conference. To learn more, visit DiabetesEducator.org/awards.
- New bi-lingual resource for migrant workers at risk for type 2 diabetes. Access this new handout in English or Spanish at DiabetesEducator.org/prediabetes.
- Understand the role of the diabetes care and education specialist in cultural competency, health literacy and numeracy in new practice guidance from AADE. Access this and other new resources to support your practice at DiabetesEducator.org/CulturalCompetency.
Music by Dave Birk
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher, iHeart Radio, Google Play, Spotify or RSS.
- Check out my handy step-by-step guide to listening and subscribing!
- Leave me a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!