Today’s guest is Science Babe and we are talking all about food, fearmongers, and of course, Food Babe.
Today my guest is Yvette d’Entremont, AKA Science Babe, an analytical chemist with a background in forensics and toxicology. Before working full-time as a science writer and public speaker, Yvette worked as a chemistry professor, a toxicology chemist, and in research analyzing pesticides for safety. She now runs her own blog, Science Babe, dedicated to debunking pseudoscience that tends to proliferate in the blogosphere.
In this episode we discuss how Science Babe came to be and why she’s focusing her work on clearing up misinformation about science, food and nutrition. You’ve seen her articles and interviews, now you get to HEAR what she has to say…in her own words and her own voice.
Here are the articles and resources we discussed on today’s show:
- Science Babe’s blog: The Food Babe Blogger is Full of Shit
- 10 Questions with Science Babe, the Blogger Who Took Down Food Babe
- How Science Babe Lost (and Kept Off) 90 Pounds
- About Ehlers Danlos Syndrome
- NPR article: Is Food Babe a Fearmonger?
- Open Letter to Food Babe