Podcast Episode 070: Diet-Free Living – Beth Rosen
Jul 25, 2017
“Ditching diets doesn’t mean you are letting yourself go; it means you are letting yourself be.” – Beth Rosen
Check out my handy step-by-step guide to listening and subscribing!
Beth Rosen, MS, RD, CDN is a Registered Dietitian and owner of Goodness Gracious Living Nutrition. She practices a non-diet philosophy and is a Health at Every Size® practitioner. Her practice is located in Southbury, CT and virtually. Beth has a Bachelor’s degree and a Master’s degree, both in Nutrition, and has been working in the field for over 20 years. She subscribes to a non-judgmental, weight-neutral approach to wellness and has credited her clients’ success to the idea that small changes add up to big results. Beth provides her clients with the tools to restore their bodies to health – whether it is by freeing themselves from the vicious, chronic cycle of dieting and empowering them to heal their relationship with food and their body, or freeing themselves from the quality-of-life altering symptoms of digestive diseases. In addition to working one-on-one with clients, Beth has written for major publications, overhauled school lunch programs, and created nutrition programming for individuals and community groups.
Here are the resources we mentioned on the show:
- Beth’s website and blog
- Beth’s FREE Resources: 5 Diet Myths Busted! Inner Girl Power Guide, Inner Girl Power Challenge, The Awesome Goodness Gracious Living Cookbook
- Beth on twitter, Facebook, Facebook Group: Diet-Free Living Community, Instagram
- Finland Twins study: Pietiläinen, K.H. et al. (2012). Does dieting make you fat? A twin study. International Journal of Obesity.36:456-464. http://bit.ly/TwinDieting
- “Poodle Science” video by the Association for Size Diversity and Health (comparing different dog breeds)
- Embrace – the documentary
- Beth’s “Healthy Is an Inside Job” blog post (you can’t tell someone’s health by looking at their outsides)
- Testimonials from Beth’s clients
- Beth’s up close and personal podcast interview on Life Unrestricted
- Beth’s meal planning blog post
- Melissa’s Do M.O.R.E. with Dinner blog posts and podcast episodes
- “What to EAT” notepad that Melissa uses every week
Produced by Team Podcast
Music by Dave Birk
Welcome to my podcast where we delve into the science, psychology and strategies behind good food and nutrition.
Listen to the trailer
Sign up for my monthly newsletter and episode eblasts so you never miss an update!